Used by medical professionals practicing all over the world for more than 30 years, the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) is an internationally known system for the assessment and treatment of back, neck and extremity pain.
MDT emphasizes active patient involvement and education in evaluating the nature and severity of back, neck and extremity problems. The key feature of MDT is the initial assessment, which determines the cause of the pain. Our physical therapists use this information to develop a personalized treatment plan.
The key features of MDT are the initial assessment, use of repeated motions to assist in guiding your treatment and emphasis of self treatment and prevention of recurrence.
You may benefit from McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the hips or buttock
- Pain or stiffness in the low back
- Pain or stiffness in the neck
- Pain in the shoulders, arms, or hands
- Difficulty bending, twisting, or lifting
- Difficulty sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Pins, needles or numbness in the feet or hands