Medx Training for Back and Neck
MedX is recognized as the Gold Standard for treating and reducing chronic back and neck pain and dysfunction.
Over the last 15 years, the Universities of Florida and San Diego, along with various orthopedic clinics around the world, have published some of the most compelling research to date. This research shows that specific spinal strengthening exercises using the MedX Lumbar and Cervical Extension Machines help people get better, even after multiple failed attempts at other forms of treatment. With more than 75 published articles in peer-reviewed journals, the proof lies in both the research and the testimonials of thousands of people around the world.
MedX equipment are significant tools specifically designed to help strengthen your the muscles of the back and neck responsible for stabilizing the joints. MedX is one of the tools Wright Physical Therapy uses to answer the question, why does my back or neck pain return? Research demonstrates it often is associated with weak back or neck muscles deep in the spine. MedX skillfully applied with other therapeutic techniques is an excellent and meaningful solution for those with back or neck pain.
Medical Equipment – Lumbar Extension
- Provides resistance over a full range of isolated lumbar motion, or over a selected limited range
- Isometric testing may occur every 3° within a patient’s range of motion
- MedX software plots a strength curve to compare the patient’s strength and range of motion to established norms
- Stored energy can be assessed and factored out at each angle tested
Medical Equipment – Cervical Extension
- Proven solution for patients who suffer from neck pain and/or headaches
- Highly reliable for cervical extension strength testing and dynamic variable resistance training
- Isometric testing can be performed every 3° through the normal 126° range of motion
- Safety features include dual weight stacks with a stroke length of only 1.5 in. during a full-range dynamic contraction